Thursday, August 16, 2007

Finally!

After a few months of daily thoughts on this trip, I'm finally in Mexico!

It is much as I expected! Friendly and welcoming people, super amazing weather, gorgeous location... I'm staying in a forest near a lake and a few cute towns. No major cities nearby. I flew in to a majorish city, which was about an hour drive from here. Pretty perfect location to stay. Yesterday I walked into a teeny little town nearby that has a few little stores to get some basic stuff as well as a nice view... Tuesday I experienced the market in Erongaricuaro, which had everything anyone needs to eat. I got to try starfruit and prickly pair for the first time. Yum to both, though I like starfruit best.

It was a little difficult to post this blog as my computer knows I'm in Mexico and has made everything into Spanish. But that is kind of good, since I can understand some exposure to more won't hurt.

I've posted some pics to flickr, more later I'm sure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY! Deseo que tengas divertido!