Thursday, December 6, 2007

Hair

Before I take a shower I usually spend about ten to fifteen minutes yanking through gnarly tangles that have developed over the week of not brushing or paying attention to my insane mane.

Last night it was particularly bad. After laying in the grass for awhile, plus a few days sans shower, plus working outside in wet-ish conditions, my hair was sooooo messed up!

So I gritted my teeth, combed through it, and carefully put it into two neat ponytails.

Then I chopped both the ponytails off.

Now my hair sits in a plastic bag, waiting for my parents to come and take it with them to the States so it can be donated. Locks of Love only requires that the hair be kept in a ponytail or braid of at least 10 inches length. My hair will make a pretty wig! Yay!

The bad part of all of this is that I didn't really pay attention to what I was doing, so my hair looked a little f'ed up. Eh. Maybe I will try to fix it today.

Pictures soon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Katie - I can't wait to see pics of you with shorter hair. Your hair will make a great wig for someone.

Love, Susan