Saturday, June 23, 2007

Dad Retires!

At home, in Madison. Lovely to be back in this place... such a neat town! This morning I went to the Farmer's Market. Such an awesome Farmer's Market! http://www.madfarmmkt.org/ We got a lot of basil... I will make a pesto. And we got strawberries. We also bought strawberries later on at the Country Bumpkin's Market near Wisconsin Dells. Country Bumpkins! Ha! The berries are sweet, and we will make a pie.

Surprised my dad yesterday afternoon... He was impressed with my mom and I being able to keep that secret. I am, too! We pulled in the driveway and he did a double take. "What the...?"

Dad's retirement party was pretty amazing. Saw lots of people I have not seen in a long long while. Lots of memories talked about! Drank too much vino tinto. So it goes.

Mom and Dad made... jambalaya! And sandwiches with olive and mushrooms. And shrimp with sauce! Lots of good food! http://www.ruralroute1.com/ Rural Route has good popcorn. White chocolate with almonds! Delicious!

Must figure out how to do links. Hmm.

No comments: