Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Honeybees

Honey prices will go up! Sad news for honey enthusiasts (such as kt). I bought a big jar today, which was not the wisest purchase since I have enough honey to get me through until the big adventure.... and I'm trying not to spend *ANY* money... but....

One of the HFH volunteers is a bee keeper! And he is the cutest funniest old guy... he talks in a drawl that is nearly impossible to understand unless no other noises are going on anywhere and you are entirely focused on his face/lips. I couldn't really understand the actual price he was selling quarts of his honey for until he repeated it the third time: $7. Not bad for a quart. Unfortunately, he does not accept food stamps! Heh. But most small jars of honey are selling for at least $5... I feel like he could get away with a little bump to the price. He is not really the type of guy that wants to sell things for more than they are worth... which I appreciate, almost more than the price itself.

Maybe Mom and Dad can have honey from a local Carolina bee farm. Hooray!

No comments: