Saturday, July 21, 2007

The End of the Year!

Today was the last official day of AmeriCorps.

Long time coming!

I'm very glad to leave Hickory. It is a strange place. There are many families here, and many retired people. There are stoplights all over the place. Many busy streets going to malls and chain restaurants. Too much driving is necessary. I've not enjoyed this town at all. There *is* a good brewery, whose website does not do it justice. I might miss OHB a bit. =)

And I will miss the friends from AmeriCorps. They are good people! I admire them in many different ways! And they will all do great things next year.

But I am glad this year is over. It is good to get out of this town. Is not quaint at all. And the roads are confusing and numerous. 4th St Dr SE, 4th St Ln SE, 4th St Ave SE. Even the street names lack character.

Tomorrow I pack all my things into my camry and then Monday off I go!

No comments: